Saturday, September 17, 2011

Today We . . .


. . . made Mammaw's biscuits!  They were eggs, bacon, and Daddy's fried potatoes.  They were molasses and butter.  They were a little piece of home.  Delicious.  I'm thinking about making them every. single. day.  I cannot believe that companies like Pilsbury have the audacity to call the greasy dough they stick in a tube biscuits.  They don't know what a biscuit is, obviously.



A great mess was had by all!  And I didn't mind one little bit.  Abby sneezed on the dough.  Nolan dropped one of the biscuit cut-outs on the floor, picked it up, and put it on the pan.  It was just like homemade biscuits should be.  



I totally staged this picture.  He had already set the biscuit on the pan, but I wanted to take a picture of him putting it on.  Finding the right moment to get a good picture when your hands are covered in biscuit dough, is difficult.  My poor camera now has a fine coat of white dusting it.  Flour is like sand, it gets everywhere!



I didn't stage this picture.  I think she had just put one down when the camera snapped.  They had SO much fun cutting out the biscuits!



I have tried many potato soup recipes, and I've never been exceptionally happy with any of them.  Until now.  This is by far, the best potato soup I have ever had.  Yum!  Unfortunately, I made this for the kids tonight, not for me.  There will be leftovers though, so now I have something to look forward to tomorrow.  At least there is something...



For those of you who actually look at my blog, if you have not read 'The Help' yet, run to your library, bookstore, itunes store, the place where you get the books for your Kindle, and GET THIS BOOK!  It is the best book that I have read in a very long time.  I read it in one week, which is saying a lot for me because I usually have a hard time finding time to read, what with the kids, and my life of liesure and all....Seriously, though.  Get it.  Read it.  
Love it.



***Thank you Joy Liefeld for recommending 'The Help'!  I'm so happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment