Friday, February 24, 2012

Hole-y Jeans, Annoying Park Parents, and Our Fashionista Frenchie

We are still settling into the new house.  I have found my camera, but have not yet found the charger for my camera.  So, my picture selection is . . . not so spectacular.  I am also  not posting pics of the house until it's a little less blank walls and a little more cozy-homey.  

On a note that has nothing to do with anything else, I've created a monster out of Bebe.  I prepared a little salad bar the other day during a play date and fed my sweet little puppy cucumbers, black olives and grapes while she stood at my feet happily awaiting more goodies.  I got such a kick out of the fact that she was eating veggies and fruit that I continued dropping things for at least ten minutes.  Now, anytime I am standing at the kitchen counter, or anytime I am trying to eat something, she is at my feet barking and pig-squealing.  It is driving me crazy!  She won't be getting any more treats (at least not without a little sitting, poddy-ing, or laying performance first) until she learns to control her begging urges.  

Anyhow, here are our photos of the week.  Enjoy.  




Another tennis video...I'm just going to keep posting these regardless of whether or not people are watching them.  He has started running to the ball to hit it.  Did I mention before how much I LOVE watching his tennis lessons?  L.O.V.E.



The hole in his jeans is the result of a little fall at school.  When he showed me, he said, 'now I have pants like Stasia's'.  I told him that he was getting there, but that he would need many more holes to have pants like hers.  I texted her the convo and she said to tell him that they keep you cool.  He responded that she should just wear shorts.  



While Abby and I were taking a walk she pointed to this tree and said, 'take picsur tree Mama'.  So, I said okay and readied my phone to take the 'picsur'.  While I was doing that, she plopped her little bum down in front of it and said, 'I weady'.  I thought it was a strange request from a two year old.  I should have known that it had nothing to do with the tree and everything to do with having HER picture taken. 



What do you do when you find that you are the only one putting together the 40 piece dinosaur puzzle that your children begged you to help them with?  You slowly back away and get back to what you would rather be doing . . . browsing Pinterest, of course.  



This is a terrible picture of the park that is within walking distance of our house.  It's very small, but nice enough for the little K's to enjoy romping around a bit.  We made the mistake this day of bringing Bebe with us.  I tied her to a small tree so that I could push Abby on the swing, but mommy participation didn't last long.  Two very annoying parents began encouraging their small children to come over and play with the puppy.  Who does that?  I teach my children to stay away from strange dogs and when they pet a dog that someone is walking, I teach them to put their hand out for the dog to sniff first and not to put their face near the dog's face.  I thought this was all common knowledge, but after Bebe's visit to the park, I now know different.  One father sat his one year old daughter right next to Bebe.  I held her by the collar and I told all of the kids that she doesn't bite to hurt, but she has sharp teeth and she sometimes bites when she's playing.  Immediately after I tell them this, the superstar dad says, 'oooh, she's not going to bite you'.  That statement, followed by his lack of response when his middle-child called his oldest child a 'big fat freaking idiot', made me want to nominate him for dad of the year.  Unfortunately, there is no such contest. 




Years ago I was walking through Target with a friend and rolled my eyes, in a verbal manner of course, at all of the dog outfits on one of the endcaps.  I was judging the people who dressed up their dogs, put them in little purses and basically treated them like little people.  I mean, it's a dog for God's sake, not a doll.  Times have rolled on by, and I am now officially one of those people.  I went to Petsmart to buy puppy food and they had a sale on little doggy outfits.  I bought four of them.  I wanted to buy more, but I dug down deep and found the strength to stop myself.  It wasn't easy.  Unfortunately, I misjudged the size of my growing little beast and two of the outfits didn't fit around her chest (I had already snapped off the tags, but at least I didn't pay full price).  Two of them fit her enough to put them on - the pink one needed the assistance of sharp blades to come off.  So, she is left with an adorable dog hoodie.  I tried so hard to get a good picture of her all dressed up, but she doesn't stay still for more than half of a second.  Nolan snapped the picture of her wearing her hoodie in her crate.  



After Nolan took a picture of Bebe in her crate he took a picture of himself.  



We went to Trader Joe's to buy lunch for a play date and the guy at the register gave each kid a bazillion stickers.  This made them very happy.  Nolan kept his on the paper and brought some to school today as part of their 'bring 100 things to school to celebrate 100 days of school' project (I believe they will be making a collage).  Abby decorated her arms with hers.  After decorating her arms, she stuck them all over the living room window.  I took them off of the window and put them back onto the sticker paper, telling her that they are not to be stuck on anything except for her or a piece of paper.  A little while later I found them stuck all over one of the kitchen chairs.  By the time I peeled them all off they were ruined and so I joyously threw them into the trash.  Abby was upset for about ten seconds before something else grabbed her attention. 



She really loves America.  And hands.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She is sticker-Abby! She loves stickers! We have Easter pics with her covered in stickers from head to toe. She received stickers in her Easter basket and covered her legs, arms and face with them. I knew she was having fun, so I let her keep them on. We went to Huntington Gardens and she made many people laugh!

      Delete